Microfilm: What It is and What It can Do?
Written documents like books, medical records, historical manuscripts, and other materials that need to be preserved must be protected at all costs. Hence, the use of microfilm has been introduced. To help you better understand the advantages of using such a medium, read on.
Check out these links to learn more about this matter:
- web agency - Get to know a Web agency you can count on in creating user-friendly and effective business online portals.
- entourage - Get to know the casts or watch video clips of HBO's Entourage online.
- spy cameras - Visit JMC Security online today to find the spy cameras that will best suit your needs.
- video conferencing - For your video conferencing needs and concerns, contact Paramount Enterprises right away!
- ftp storage - Look no further for a company offering FTP storage solutions today, as iWeb Hosting is only a click away.
What is it?
It is can be a film or paper that contains reproductions of documents in microscopic forms, usually about one-twenty-fifth of the original size. This was first developed to create permanent copies of bank documents using a black and white camera. Later in the 1930s, the machine used to create a microform has been utilised to make duplicates of newspapers, which are then archived and kept in universities.
What can it do?
For one, a microfilm can allow businesses and institutions to access valuable information without putting the original copies at risk of loss or damage. Also, because it is extremely compact, storing it is never a problem. Hence, microfilming is used even by the National Library of Australia.
- online business marketing - Gain genuine sales by engaging in excellent online business marketing services that Direct Target can provide.